Traveling to Estonia? It is important to determine if you need a travel adapter or a voltage converter for Estonia plug and power outlets.
Not to worry, we have all the information you need to ensure a problem-free trip.
What type of plug is used in Estonia power outlet?
The power plugs and outlets used in Estonia are types type C and F plugs.
Type C plug has two round pins.
The type F plug has two round pins with two earth clips on each side.
What is the voltage and frequency in Estonia?
The standard voltage in Estonia is 230 V, and the frequency is 50 Hz.
Suppose you are from a country with a standard voltage between 220 V and 240 V, such as Australia, the UK, Europe, Africa, and most parts of Asia. In that case, you can use electric appliances in Estonia without a voltage converter.
This is a result of the fact that manufacturers take into account slight deviations in voltages.
However, suppose you are from a country with a standard voltage between 100 V and 127 V, such as Canada, the US, and South America. In that case, you can use electric appliances in Estonia only with a voltage converter.
If the is a difference in frequency between your country and that of Estonia, it is recommended that you do not use electric appliances in Estonia.
Some still decide to use electric appliances, but this is risky and should only be done for a limited period.
Though no damage may result to the appliance, it may not function optimally, hence the need for caution, especially when using rotating, moving, or time-related appliances, such as electric fan heaters, shavers, or clocks.
Some devices can be used without a voltage converter in all parts of the world as they work with all voltages and frequencies.
On the label of such devices, an inscription such as”INPUT: 100 V – 240 V; 50/60 Hz” is written. These devices include chargers of phone cameras, laptops, cell phones, tablets, and electric toothbrushes.
Want to buy a power plug/travel adapter or voltage converter?
The list of travel adapter products and converters available online is endless. However, when you choose a quality travel adapter, you can stay connected to a power source.
Fortunately, here’s our top-3 travel adapter picks from Amazon, in terms of quality, design, and price.
Electricity in Estonia: How does Estonia get its energy?
Estonia’s electricity is mainly from thermal plants. The country’s Narva Power Plants is the world’s largest shale-fuelled power plant.
90% of Estonia’s electricity is produced from electricity and gas gotten from the oil shale. The remaining 10% is accounting for wind energy, biomass energy, coal, natural gas, and a small amount of hydroelectric power.