Traveling to Moldova? It is important to determine if you need a travel adapter or a voltage converter for Moldova plug and power outlets.

Not to worry, we have all the information you need to ensure a problem-free trip.

What type of plug is used in Moldova power outlet?

The power plugs and outlets used in Moldova are the types C and F plugs.

Type C plug has two round pins and is known as the Euro plug.

The Schuko, as the type F plug is known, has two round pins with earth clips on each side.

Moldova Plug & Socket: Travel Adapter Needed?
Moldova Plug & Power Outlet Type C
Moldova Plug & Socket: Travel Adapter Needed?
Moldova Plug & Power Outlet Type F

What is the voltage and frequency in Moldova?

The standard voltage and frequency in Moldova are 220 V and 50 Hz.

Travelers from countries such as Australia, the UK, countries in Europe, Africa, and most parts of Asia, as well as countries with a standard voltage between 220 V and 240 V, can use electric appliances in Moldova without a voltage converter.

This is because manufacturers make slight deviations in voltage into account.

However, travelers from countries such as Canada, the US, Japan, and countries in South America and all countries with a standard voltage between 100 V and 127 V must use a voltage converter to use electric appliances in Moldova.

In a situation where the standard frequency of Moldova is different from that of a traveler’s country, electric appliances shouldn’t be used in Moldova.

However, if no voltage difference exists, electric appliances can be used at the owner’s risk, but only short period.

Also, caution must be exercised, especially when using rotating, moving, or time-related appliances such as electric fan heaters, shavers, or clocks.

Certain appliances are free from voltage issues as they can be used with all voltages and frequencies.

On the label of such devices, an inscription such as “INPUT: 100 V – 240 V; 50/60 Hz” is written.

Such appliances can be used in all countries, and they include chargers of phone cameras, laptops, tablets, cell phones, and electric toothbrushes.

Want to buy a power plug/travel adapter or voltage converter?

The list of travel adapter products and converters available online is endless. However, when you choose a quality travel adapter, you can stay connected to a power source.

Fortunately, here’s our top-3 travel adapter picks from Amazon, in terms of quality, design, and price.

Electricity in Moldova: How does Moldova get its energy?

Moldova produces its electricity hydropower and natural gas-fired combined heat power plants.

The Kuchurgan power station produces about 80% of Moldova electricity, while the remaining 20% is produced from natural gas-fired combined heat power plants. Moldova also imports electricity from Ukraine.