It is important to determine if you need a travel adapter or a voltage converter for Philippines plug and power outlets.
Not to worry, we have all the information you need to ensure a problem-free trip.
What type of plug is used in Philippines power outlets?
The power plugs and outlets used in the Philippines are the types A, B, and C plugs.
Type A plug has two flat parallel pins.
The type B plug has two flat parallel pins and a round grounding pin.
Type C plug known as the Euro plug has two round pins.
What is the voltage and frequency in the Philippines?
The standard voltage and frequency used in the Philippines are 220 V and 60 Hz.
Travelers from countries with a standard voltage between 220 V and 240 V, such as Australia, the UK, Europe, Africa, and most parts of Asia, can use electric appliances in the Philippines without voltage converters.
This is a result of the fact that manufacturers take into consideration slight deviations in voltage.
However, travelers from countries with a standard voltage between 100 V and 127 V, such as Canada, the US, Japan, and South America, can only use electric appliances in the Philippines with voltage converters.
If the standard frequency of the Philippines is different from that of a traveler’s country, it is best that electric appliances are not used in the Philippines.
But if no voltage difference exists, electric appliances can be used at the owner’s risk and only for a limited period.
Caution should be exercised when dealing with rotating, moving, or time-related appliances such as electric fan heaters, shavers, or clocks.
So e appliances are free from voltage issues as they can be used with all voltages and frequencies.
On the label of such devices, an inscription such as “INPUT: 100 V – 240 V; 50/60 Hz” is written.
Such devices can be used in all countries worldwide and include chargers of phone cameras, laptops, tablets, cell phones, and electric toothbrushes.
Want to buy a power plug/travel adapter or voltage converter?
The list of travel adapter products and converters available online is endless. However, when you choose a quality travel adapter, you can stay connected to a power source.
Fortunately, here’s our top-3 travel adapter picks from Amazon, in terms of quality, design, and price.
Electricity in the Philippines: How does the Philippines get its energy?
Electricity in the Philippines is generated from thermal energy, mainly coal, natural gas, and hydropower.
In 2018 thermal power accounted for 68% of the 25 GWh generated in the Philippines, with hydropower accounting for the remaining 32%.